Andrea M. Psoras
201 W117th Str #2B NY, NY 10026 ; (212) 666-2569; firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Financial Analyst/Financial Sector with strong strategic thought leadership skills: experience consulting to, analyzing predominantly depository and financial institutions. Strong skills in: Financial analysis, research, quantitative analysis with strong commercial intuition and reasoning/problem solving, abilities and experience for M&A-investment banking (combinations/divestitures), credit/counter-party risk, stock or Private equity portfolio investments (industry/macro, credit analysis) using 10Q, 10K, Y9-C, “Call”, TFR, Focus; FR Y-14/“Stress Tests: DFAST, CCAR; Dodd Frank (Resolution Plan) related, consulting business development.
- Member: NYSSA since 1990 (in process-2016). Passed CFA I.
- International Bank Credit Trained – formal credit training; 24 credits specific to Accounting. Jul’14 NYC Exam for Staff Analyst Trainee: 78%; Jun15 NYC Civil Service exams score 76% for Analyst, 80% for Assoc Staff Analyst
- Strong software skills including (spreadsheet) forecasts, strong modeling, building models: MS Office: Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, MS Project; Lotus 123, Amipro; FoxPro; dBase; WordPerfect; Bloomberg API spreadsheet building; FactSet product use; QuickBooks; STATA; Sybase; WordPress-website development; some SAS JMP; data mining, data analysis; transactions-projects with multiple stakeholder collaboration
- EMPLOYMENT/CONSULTING: (see also Transactions/Projects/ Activities List )
- Independent Consulting/PLLC Family office (“PLLC”) Analyst – “Contractor” (8/08 – Pres)
- QED International Associates, Inc. (“QEDI”) Senior Vice President (10/05-8/08)
- Strategic Advisory (“SA”) Principal/Analyst (6/95-9/05)
- KPMG Peat Marwick, LLP (“KPMG”) Senior Banking Analyst
- Ryan Beck (now part of Stifel Nicolas) Associate Vice President
- Lyons, Zomback & Ostrowski (Advest Group) (“LZO”) Associate/M&A consulting
EMPLOYMENT INCLUDING CONSULTING HISTORY (see also Transactions/Projects/Activities List)
PLLC Family office/ Independent Consulting ( PLLC). NY, NY (2008-present): Financial services/related consulting for client and ad hoc projects using Financial Reports: 10Q, 10K, A/R, Y9-C, Call, TFR, Focus and related to these. Public Due Process Comments Letters to FASB, SEC, Fed/BoG, FDIC, OCC, CFTC, USDA, Amicus letters
- Public Due Process Comment Letter (letter #01) FDIC: Company-Run Annual Stress Test Reporting Template and Documentation for Covered Institutions with Total Consolidated Assets of $50 Billion or More under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act OMB Control Number 3064–0189 / 75152-75155 Federal Register / Vol. 79, No. 242 / Wednesday, Dec 17, 2014 https://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/federal/2014/2014-stress_test_reporting_dodd_frank_3064–0189.html 2014-stress_test_reporting_dodd-frank_3064–0189-c_01.pdf
- Public Due Process Comment Letter (letter #29) FDIC: Single Point of Entry / 77614-76624 Federal Register / Vol. 78, No. 243 / Wednesday, Dec 18, 2013 http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/federal/2013/2013-single-point-entry.html
- Public Due Process Comment Letter (letter#40): FASB Project: 2012-260 Financial Instruments—Credit Losses (Subtopic 825-15) 2 May 2013 http://www.fasb.org/jsp/FASB/CommentLetter_C/CommentLetterPage&cid=1218220137090&project_id=2012-260
- Public Due Process Comment Letter to : Fed, FDIC, OCC, SEC regarding opposition to Basel III adoption, analysis, in narrative style http://www.federalreserve.gov/SECRS/2012/December/20121206/R-1442/R-1442_113012_110903_367981921547_1.pdf
- Service on Board of Directors: Occupy Financial (OWS’ financial company established to do financial services, payment cards). Worked on organization’s development-establishment, business plan, financial (interactive spreadsheet) model.
- Public Due Process Comment Letter (letter#167): FASB Project: 2011-230- – Revenue Recognition (Topic 605): Rev from Contracts with Customers Updated Exposure Draft comment letter for Public Due Process. 13 Mar12 http://www.fasb.org/jsp/FASB/CommentLetter_C/CommentLetterPage&cid=1218220137090&project_id=2011-230&page_number=2
- Public Due Process Comment Letter: US Department of Agriculture –against deregulating Dow Agri Group GMO 2,4-D (dioxin) tolerant soy, and supporting banning GMO in the US food supply and agriculture; Amicus Letter: OSGATA v Monsanto- Friend of the Court Letter on behalf of Organic Seed companies and Organic Farmers Trade Association in anti-competitiveness/corporate abuse lawsuit against Monsanto. http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=APHIS-2010-0103-4699
- Public Due Process Comment Letter: Fed, FDIC, OCC, SEC: Comment for public due process regarding “Restrictions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Interests in, and Relationships with, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds” et al, aka “Volcker Rule” http://www.sec.gov/comments/s7-41-11/s74111-332.pdf; http://www.federalreserve.gov/SECRS/2012/March/20120305/R-1432/R-1432_021312_104969_451639007701_1.pdf
- Public Due Process Comment Letter (#440 10-22-10): Financial Accounting Standards Board – Revenue Recognition (Topic 605): Revenue from Contracts with Customers. Letter #440. 10/2010 http://www.fasb.org/jsp/FASB/CommentLetter_C/CommentLetterPage&cid=1218220137090&project_id=1820-100
Capital Markets Advisors, LLC. NY, NY (CMA), Senior Manager (5/12-7/13): Financial services, related consulting, business development.
- Co-authoring service contracts-agreements with banks,
- Co-authoring/writing CMA’s business, operating plans, presentations in PowerPoint,
- Resolution Plans Consulting- foundation/ organized/developed presentation, website, website materials for Resolution Plans consulting
QED International Associates, Inc. NY (QEDI) Senior Vice President (2005 – 2008): Quantitative consulting
- Design and developed strategies of: Indexes, quantitative, fundamental analysis; Exchange Traded Funds; trading, investment strategy consulting to asset management, investment, pension, and related communities, Risk/Credit/Portfolio Management product development.
- Co-authored white papers. Co-authored with Herbert Blank: “When Vice is Nice”, Financial Advisor,” When Sin is Superior”, April 2006 Co-Authored with Michael Carty and Ed Matluck, PhD, “Does the Steel Industry Perform Differently than the Basic Materials Sector?” for Van Eck
Strategic Advisory (SA)- Principal. NY, NY Provided strategy consulting to clients, affiliations. Also see following-client engagements (Transactions-Projects List)
KPMG Peat Marwick, LLP, (KPMG) Senior Banking (M&A and related; execution side) Analyst, NY, NY. For the Global Capital/Capital Strategies Group promoted in less than a year from Senior Research Analyst. Co-authored ABA Banking Journal White Paper- “Mergers & Acquisitions: Current Issues and Trends Affecting the Banking Sector”.
Lyons, Zomback & Ostrowski ((LZO).part of Advest Group), NY, NY. Associate. Fulfilling M&A, strategic advice (execution side) roles. Please see below: “Professional Experience and Skills” for skills, experience; “Transactions List”
Prior Professional Experience in the Maritime sector: Norton Lilly Intl, Maersk Line/Moller Steamship
EXPERIENCE: Financial Sector, Related (Also see Transactions-List www.apsoras1.wordpress.com):
M&A and Related Consulting (mostly “Execution” side):
- LZO, KPMG, SA I co-authored M&A, recap, strategy/strategic plans-strategic planning, business-capital plans (these were predecessors to ‘Resolutions’ Plans) for regulator, client purposes.
- LZO, KPMG, SA I created, constructed, developed complex, scenario driven interactive Excel, Lotus spreadsheet models-forecasts with stress testing/scenarios, pro-forma forecasts for business combinations, divestitures, capital planning,/capital adequacy/recapitalizations, private placements, financial and/or credit analysis; modeled mostly retail, (some) commercial, industrial, SNC/‘participations’ loan portfolios – to accompany co-authored materials.
- LZO, KPMG, SA For execution side of transactions/projects: I engaged in strategic planning consulting, strategic economic and financial analysis collaborating between external, internal stakeholders: senior partners/investment bankers, analysts, clients and/or external parties such as the regulators; “turn-around” work. I also was involved in some business development.
- LZO, KPMG, QEDI, IC While laws, regulations have been designed to diminish the number of ‘mouths’ feeding at the table of the US economy, for stakeholders – clients, regulators (external) and MDs (internal) I researched/surveyed/co-authored: industry trends, economic/demographic trends, sub-sectors; fairness opinions, regulatory assisted transactions/FDIC resolutions-Resolution plans, Open Bank Assistance Requests/Applications; D’Oenche Doctrine. I also analyzed deposit franchise/branch networks, market/trade areas, calculated Herfindahl (deposit concentration, anti-competition/anti-competitive) analysis; associated scenario driven spread complex interactive sheet models.
- LZO, KPMG, SA, PLLC Used/analyzed, dealt with definitions, data changes in “TRF”, “Call” reports, UBPRs, BHCPRs (“RAP”) including Examiners/Exam Reports, and GAAP data on North American based financial institutions, other public and private enterprises – understanding, comfortable with data and those definitions that role up into these reports
- LZO, KPMG Worked on structured pricing/bids, strategies for acquiring, selling branches; also for failing/failed financial institutions.
- LZO For clients, internal use I worked on the development of the LZO Bank & Thrift Directory, and from regulator data in dBase form I built, I contributed to developing a credit scoring model that quality-rated banks and thrifts as a proxy for rating their CDs
Financial Analyst – Credit Analysis/Counter-party Credit Risk (and project-contract-temporary, etc):
- Used/analyzed GAAP; RAP data: “Call”, Y9-C reports, Focus Reports for broker/dealers, North American based financial institutions, credit card banks, financial service cos, broker/dealers, ETNs, also analyzing US subsidiaries (“subs”) and foreign subs in Europe, Asia of US based financial institutions (some translating from French, Spanish)
- Reviewed Y2K, operations/IT compliance, some editing of Counterparty ISDA docs used for adjusting global exposures to credit counterparties
- Provided credit analysis using internal credit utility software on Global 1000 cos. at a global bank for Senior Management
- For Treasury, Controller, determined profits and losses from trading: derivatives – options, swaps, hedges; forward rate agreements, FX; A/L gap analysis in Sybase, G/L work for CFO of large European bank US sub
- For dealing with, solving systems issues and reporting differences in at a global bank’s Global Asset Management, I reconciled portfolio performance of large private wealth clients’ portfolios to Custody’s reports
- Medium Term Notes: Transactions and Collateral Due Diligence, coordination with Traders/Trading Banks
Other Related Experience Full CV, Transactions List) https://apsoras1.wordpress.com/2016/11/30/psoras-transactionsprojectsactivities-list-2q16/
- Financial Services consulting: Dodd Frank Resolution Plan/PMO business development, related consulting
- Financial analysis, transactions, and product development on other sectors: CFTC public due process comment on Event driven commodity contracts; “Stress” Tests public due process comment
- Analysis of Accounting/Financial Reporting; Risk Management, Regulation and Legislation
- Basel III Public due process comment; Basel II macro/micro (some policy) Analysis
- Analysis of mortgage products, mortgage equity products and associated companies
EDUCATION and OTHER: ATTRIBUTES, ACTIVITIES; (Transactions , References List Provided Upon Request)
Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA, Degree: B. A. Major/minor: Business Management/Economics, “Finance”. Advanced research in Money & Banking: “Capital Adequacy in Commercial Banking”; Accounting: “Barter revenue as a component in Revenue Recognition”; Additional 24 credits in Accounting and Economics/Econometrics (F&M) 2004/Feb-May; Econometric/quantitative review of Gramm Leach Bliley mandated study of the profitability of lending under the Community Reinvestment Act, in process. Extracurricular activities: varsity field hockey& lacrosse (de facto regionally, nationally ranked).
Columbia University, NY, NY. Public Economics with research: ‘Shadow Pricing of Foreign Exchange”; Spanish.
Baruch College: Accounting Certificate, Budgeting and QuickBooks, Audit.
Former: Professional Risk Managers’ Investment Association “PRMIA”; Quantitative Work Alliance For Applied Finance Economics and Wisdom “QWAFAFEW”. New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants; Foreign Policy Assn.; American Assn for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
Community/Civic/Social memberships, endeavors have included:: The Penn Club of New York; Greenwich Field Hockey Club VP-88/90; 93 Empire State Games gold medal winning field hockey team. Whitehall Club; Downtown A/C-Audit Committee, Instructor w/Sons & Daughters Program; Computer instructor at Fountain House.
President’s Council on Physical Fitness Award, 2 years.