Andrea M. Psoras
- Financial Analyst/Financial Sector with strong strategic thought leadership skills – experience consulting to, analyzing predominantly depository and financial institutions. Strong skills in: Financial analysis, research, quantitative analysis with strong commercial intuition and reasoning/problem solving, abilities ; team player in transactions-projects with multiple stakeholder collaboration for M&A-investment banking (combinations/divestitures), credit/counter-party risk, stock or Private equity portfolio investments (industry/macro, credit analysis) using 10Q, 10K, Y9-C, “Call”, TFR, Focus, some Basel II, Pillar 3/Market Risk – FFIEC 102; FFIEC 101; FR Y-14/“Stress Tests: DFAST, CCAR – Capital Plans, capital planning and Capital Adequacy research and analysis ; Dodd Frank (Resolution Plan) related, consulting business development. Some Financial Reporting work.
- International Bank Credit Trained – formal credit training;. 24 credits specific to Accounting.
- Strong software skills including complex interactive (spreadsheet) forecasts, strong modeling, building models: MS Office: Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, MS Project; Lotus 123, Amipro; FoxPro; dBase and programming; WordPerfect; Bloomberg API spreadsheet building; FactSet product use; QuickBooks; STATA; Sybase; WordPress-website development; some SAS JMP/data mining, data analysis; BigDough; Sales Force; MedTracks
- Member: NYSSA; Jul’14 NYC Exam for Staff Analyst Trainee: 78%; Jun15 NYC exams for Analyst, Assoc Staff Analyst
EMPLOYMENT/CONSULTING (see also Transactions/Projects/Activities List in WordPress)
- Independent Consulting/PLLC Family office Analyst/Consultant (8/08-Pres)
- QED International Associates, Inc. (“QEDI”) Senior Vice President (10/05–8/08)
- Strategic Advisory (“SA”) Principal/Analyst
- KPMG Peat Marwick, LLP (“KPMG”) Senior Banking Analyst
- Lyons, Zomback & Ostrowski (Advest Group) (“LZO”) Associate/M&A consulting
EXPERIENCE-Financial Sector, Related (Also see Transactions-List www.apsoras1.wordpress.com):
Financial Analyst – Counter-party Credit Risk (and project-contract-temporary, etc); Financial Reporting:
- For Financial reporting work by/for Treasury, Control, gap analysis (in Hyperion, Sybase), G/L: I reported to Controller, Treasurer, CFO at large European bank sub in US, for whom I also determined profits and losses from trading: derivatives – options, swaps, hedges; forward rate agreements, FX
- Used/analyzed GAAP; RAP data: “Call”, Y9-C reports, Focus Reports for broker/dealers, North American based financial institutions, credit card banks, financial service cos, broker/dealers, ETNs, also analyzing US subsidiaries (“subs”) and foreign subs in Europe, Asia of US based financial institutions (some translating from French, Spanish)
- Reviewed Y2K, operations/IT compliance, some editing of Counterparty ISDA docs used for adjusting global exposures to credit counterparties
- Provided credit analysis using internal credit utility software on Global 1000 cos. at a global bank for Sr. Mngt
- For clients (while at LZO), for internal use I worked on the development of the LZO Bank & Thrift Directory a bank rating guide subscription product, and from regulator data in dBase form I built, I co-developed a credit scoring model that quality-rated banks and thrifts as a proxy for rating their CDs
M&A and Related Consulting (mostly “Execution” side):
- LZO, KPMG, SA I co-authored M&A, recap, strategy, business-capital plans (these were predecessors to ‘Resolutions’ Plans) for regulator, client purposes.
- LZO, KPMG, SA I created, constructed, developed complex, scenario driven interactive Excel, Lotus spreadsheet models with stress testing/scenarios, pro-forma forecasts for business combinations, divestitures, recapitalizations, private placements, financial and/or credit analysis; modeled mostly retail, (some) commercial, industrial, SNC/‘participations’ loan portfolios – to accompany co-authored materials.
- LZO, KPMG, SA For execution side of transactions/projects: I engaged in strategic consulting, strategic economic and financial analysis collaborating between external, internal stakeholders: senior partners/investment bankers, analysts, clients and/or external parties such as the regulators; “turn-around” work. I also was involved in some business development.
- LZO, KPMG, QEDI, IC While laws, regulations have been designed to diminish the number of ‘mouths’ feeding at the table of the US economy, for stakeholders – clients, regulators (external) and MDs (internal) I researched/surveyed/co-authored: industry trends, economic/demographic trends, sub-sectors; fairness opinions, regulatory assisted transactions/FDIC resolutions-Resolution plans, Open Bank Assistance Requests/Applications; D’Oenche Doctrine. I also analyzed deposit franchise/branch networks, market/trade areas, calculated Herfindahl (deposit concentration, anti-competition/anti-competitive) analysis; associated scenario driven spread complex interactive sheet models.
- LZO, KPMG, SA, IC Used/analyzed, dealt with definitions, data changes in “TRF”, “Call” reports, UBPRs, BHCPRs (“RAP”) including Examiners/Exam Reports, and GAAP data on North American based financial institutions, other public and private enterprises – understanding, comfortable with data and those definitions that role up into these reports
- LZO, KPMG Worked on structured pricing/bids, strategies for acquiring, selling branches; also for failing/failed financial institutions.
Other Related Experience (Full CV, Transactions/Project List https://apsoras1.wordpress.com/2015/02/01/psoras-transactionsprojectsactivities-list-1q15 /
- Financial Services consulting: Dodd Frank Resolution Plan/PMO business development, related consulting
- Financial Reporting using Financial analysis, transactions, and product development on other sectors: CFTC public due process comment on Event driven commodity contracts; “Stress” Tests public due process comment
- Analysis of Accounting/Financial Reporting; Risk Management, Regulation and Legislation
- Basel III Public due process comment; Basel II macro/micro (some policy) Analysis
- Analysis of mortgage products, mortgage equity products and associated companies
- Medium Term Notes: Transactions and Collateral Due Diligence, coordination with Traders/Trading Banks
EDUCATION and OTHER: Franklin & Marshall College, B. A. Major/minors: Business Mngt/Economics, Accounting (24 credit hours). Columbia University, NY, NY. Public Economics, research: ‘Shadow Pricing of Foreign Exchange”; Spanish. Baruch College – CUNY : Accounting Certificate. 15 Credit hours (Fall 2003), Budgeting, QuickBooks, Audit. Full CV: https://apsoras1.wordpress.com/2015/12/24/psoras-curriculum-vitaeresume-ma-4q15/